It was a class full of young ladies and gents last night polishing up on their dining etiquette skills before the holidays 🌲🦃🍽. It never fails to get lots of “Ohhhhhhh’s” when I show them the “b & d” trick 👌 They love it and such a simple way to tell which is your drink glass and which is your bread plate on a set table. Or better yet, a great way for them to remember how to set the table at home🤗
Here’s how it goes: • Make the “okay” sign with your right hand and your left hand
• Right Hand looks like a “d” so when you bring it down to the table it lines up with your drink - on the right.
• Left Hand looks like a “b” so when you bring it down to the table it lines up with the bread plate - on the left.
This is also a great trick for us adults to do discreetly on our laps to remember. We won’t be the ones accidentally drinking from the person’s water glass next to us!😉#cfetiquette #etiquette #emilypostinstitute #emilypost #diningetiquette
She’s waiting for me to put the children to bed so we can watch Hallmark movies together. 😉👀
Happy Fall Weekend! Look at this gorgeous appetizer and drinks spread from an evening at a dear friend’s house, complete with a signature Fall cocktail. 🍂
There is an etiquette art to pouring drinks as a host! Here are some quick tips:
1. Still Wines 🍷- Fill wine glass up to the widest part of the glass, which is about halfway. Pour still wines directly into the center of the glass, not against the side, and give the wine bottle a slight twist to finish the pour and stop drippage.
2. Sparkling Wines 🥂🍾 - Sparkling wine glasses should be filled approximately 2/3rd of the way to enjoy the bubbles. Pour sparkling against the side of the glass, with it gently tilted, to preserve the natural effervescence.
3. Last and most important tip - Always be on the lookout to refresh a guest’s empty glass! 😊 Cheers
#etiquette #cfetiquette #emilypost #emilypostinstitute
By request, I’ve added one more children’s dining etiquette class before the busy holidays! Here’s your chance to have kiddos brush up on their holiday dining do’s and much more 🍽🥄The next class is Tuesday, November 13th at Indian Hills Country Club from 5:30 to 7 p.m. ages kindergarten and up. To reserve your spot, direct message or email directly cfetiquette@Gmail.com. More info available online at cfetiquette.com. #cfetiquette #etiquette #emilypostinstitute #emilypost
Started off saving the day and ended up stuck on top of a candy table 🤦♀️🎃
Look at this 8th grade gentleman nailing the place setting challenge! At the end of class I often put everything in a pile (utensils, napkin, plate) and offer a treat to anyone willing to try to set the table:) I mean even the napkin fold 🤗👊. More than that, love the 8th grade parents who put this together for the group who will be graduating next year on to a new high school, possible first job interviews, dinner dates, first impressions, and more. Life skills. #etiquette #cfetiquette #emilypostinstitute #emilypost #diningetiquette
Saturday Spooks 🍂🎃
The weekend is (pretty much🤗) here! Make an awesome impression on your date this weekend, and yes that includes your spouse.😉 p.s. I didn’t mean to stand the whole time your date is gone from the table😳 just to stand when they leave and return:) #cfetiquette #etiquette #emilypostinstitute #emilypost
Continental style dining with confidence! Scenes from the full children’s dining etiquette class this week. Teaching children, even as young as 5, how to properly cut their food will be a life long gift for them both personally and professionally. And the students are always eager to figure it out! For professionals, it’s never too late to learn how to navigate the table! Planning our next dining class now, stay tuned. 🍽 #cfetiquette #etiquette #emilypostinstitute #emilypost #diningetiquette